Find Lots of Great Coverage Here

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Friday, September 12, 2008

Offered without (much) comment

I saw this earlier when NFA posted it (see the cool links to the right) and a friend just sent it to me via e-mail:

AP-BBM--Nationals-Prospect Charged
Police: Nationals minor leaguer had sex with teen

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- A minor league player in the Washington Nationals organization has been charged with having sex with a 15-year-old girl.

Harrisburg Senators outfielder Garrett Guzman had sex with the girl in late July, police alleged in documents filed in district court Sept. 4. Guzman was charged with a misdemeanor count of corruption of minors.

Guzman hasn't been arraigned and court officials said the 25-year-old doesn't have a lawyer on record.

Senators general manager Randy Whitaker declined to comment. A message with the Nationals wasn't immediately returned.

Guzman hit .247 with nine home runs and 63 RBIs in 124 games overall for Triple-A Columbus and Double-A Harrisburg.




OK, I will offer a little comment. I dealt with all the Marcus Vick nonsense in my earlier life and my kids were in school at Virginia Tech at the time. My son and his friends, after Marcus' flirtation with a 15-year-old, asked me: So, we're all supposed to check IDs now?
I don't have an answer for that. I didn't pull 15-year-olds when I was an adult. I do know the law doesn't give a flip how old they look, it does give a flip how old they ARE when the "incident" occurs.
You have to be smarter than that, fellers.

Guzman - one of the Rule 5 guys, right?

My goal tomorrow is to talk about baseball again. I'm straining against the temptation to comment on Dukes' latest apology. If I did comment, I'd say something along the lines of stop apologizing and stop acting like a clown. You don't do that crap, apologies aren't needed. He will have more HRs than apologies this season, so I guess that's good.

No comments: